With information from our friends at Pinnacle Wealth Planning Services, Inc. —
We wanted to pass along this information to keep you informed and aware. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly, there already are many scams underway associated with the COVID-19 vaccine distribution, and it will just continue to get worse as the vaccine gets closer to general distribution. Here are a few tips from our friends at USI Insurance Services. Take care and stay safe!
1. Do not engage with any information that come from texts or emails. Instead, suspect scams. If something is sent to you and it appears to come from a legitimate source (i.e., the FDA) go to the actual site and research it. If that appears accurate, call them directly then contact your physician.
2. Make sure the doctor you choose to go to for the vaccine is approved to administer the vaccine as not all doctors will be.
3. Under no circumstances should vaccines be acquired over the internet or through online pharmacies. DHS has already identified over 71,000 web sites that are being investigated for COVID-19 related fraud and scams!
4. If you see vaccine related opportunities on social media, discard it.
5. Do not allow fear and desperation to influence a decision to cut corners on this vaccine. When in doubt, contact the U.S Food & Drug Administration.
If you any have questions about tax planning, business or personal finances, contact the experts at Pinnacle CPA Advisory Group for help. Reach us by phone at (614) 942-1990, send us email to email@example.com, or just fill out the Contact Form on our website at cpaagi.com/contact.
Do business with a different kind of CPA firm – the CPA Advisory Group